Archimedic is a contract medical device development firm with offices in the Philadelphia and Boston areas. We work with technology-driven companies to engineer and build electro-mechanical products for medical and consumer wellness applications. Our projects range from IoT wearables to surgical devices to life support systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team, passionate clients, and technically challenging projects.
This individual will participate in the product development process for medical devices as
part of a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This role will involve detailed design of mechanical as well as electromechanical systems of medical devices, instrumentation, consumer products, and automation/robotics
- Mechanical Design – Design of mechanical systems and subsystems, including mechanism layouts, thermal management features, structural chassis and housings.
- DFMA – Identify the appropriate manufacturing materials and processes for all components, and modify design to accommodate the relevant manufacturing requirements. Facilitate component design and assembly process reviews with the manufacturing partners throughout the design process to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Electronics Integration – Define actuators, sensors, PCB outlines and other electromechanical elements; Collaborate with electrical engineers to ensure that electro-mechanical interfaces align properly.
- Industrial Design Integration – Work with industrial designers to develop manufacturable solutions while maintaining usability and aesthetic requirements; Design housings and other external components using surface modeling techniques.
- CAD Development – Drive CAD to design components and assemblies; Utilize master modeling, skeleton modeling and other advanced modeling techniques to provide top-down design continuity while ensuring multi-operator collaboration.
- Breadboarding & Prototyping – Develop breadboards to demonstrate and evaluate high risk areas of new products; Develop prototypes to evaluate system-level models of full product designs; Select materials and fabrication processes as appropriate for design requirements; Facilitate debug and optimization through shop work and testing.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Any other duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2-3 years of proven experience and track record of creative problem solving in developing ground up designs
- Mechanical design expertise – mechanism development, DFMA, CAD (Solidworks)
- Electronics integration expertise – motors, encoders, PCBs
- Verification expertise – prototype testing and documentation
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Ability to interact with client companies in a professional manner
- Previous medical device design and/or consulting experience preferred
Provide professional, reliable and prompt service to internal and external customers.
Work in partnership with others to meet and exceed customer expectations. Interpret
customers’ needs and take appropriate action. Follow through on customers’ inquiries
in a professional and timely manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to move throughout the office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery and tools. Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to use the stairs to move between office floors (no elevator available).
- *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans and Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by The Senior Leadership Team on a case by case basis.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Archimedic is an equal opportunity employer who considers its team members the cornerstone of the Company’s success. Archimedic does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on their age, race, gender, religion, nationality or other protected characteristics.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested in any of our open positions or if you wish to be considered for future opportunities with Archimedic, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note the position of interest in the subject line.