Archimedic has an immediate need for a Program Manager in our Newtown Square, PA office. The ideal candidate will lead technical medical device programs. This role reports to the Vice President, Program Management & Quality.
Archimedic is a contract medical device development firm with offices in the Philadelphia and Boston areas. We work with technology-driven companies to engineer and build electro-mechanical products for medical and consumer wellness applications. Our projects range from IoT wearables to surgical devices to life support systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team, passionate clients, and technically challenging projects. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Program Management Activities– Ensures that projects are following Archimedic standardized program management processes. Ensures that key program objectives, timelines, and milestones are understood by internal and client team members. Facilitates meetings to share progress, discuss issues, and ensure that key decisions are being made.
- Client Communication & Satisfaction – Regularly communicates with clients to ensure consistency in expectations. Proactively identifies gaps in expectations and works with management to achieve alignment between Archimedic and Client team members. Continuously strives for client satisfaction.
- SOW Generation & Amendments – Participates in Discovery meetings and assembles draft Statements of Work (SOWs) to define project. Collaborates with sales and engineering team members to collect feedback on SOWs. Identifies scope changes early as early as possible and drives project amendments to capture changes in budget, timelines, and deliverables.
- Project Budget Compliance – Ensures that project progress is on track with project budgets. Identifies progress-budget deviation early, communicates with management, and develops action plans to mitigate financial risks for clients and Archimedic.
- Achieve Project Deliverables – Reviews project plans and ensures the team is focused on completion of key deliverables specified in SOWs. Obtains written acknowledgement from clients when expectations of deliverables change.
- Project Documentation– Documents project progress through minutes, presentations, and reports. Ensures that photography, renderings, CAD screen shots, and other materials are captured at key project milestones. Ensures that project documentation is accessible for future marketing, sales, and client needs.
- Engineering Support – Contributes on engineering tasks as needed to achieve technical objectives.
Required Education, Experience and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering
- 2+ Years of experience in management of new product development projects.
- 5+ Years of experience in medical device engineering.
10% travel is expected for this role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to move throughout the office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery and tools. Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to use the stairs to move between office floors (no elevator available).
- *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans and Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by The Senior Leadership Team on a case by case basis.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Archimedic is an equal opportunity employer who considers its team members the cornerstone of the Company’s success. Archimedic does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on their age, race, gender, religion, nationality or other protected characteristics.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested in any of our open positions or if you wish to be considered for future opportunities with Archimedic, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position of interest in the subject line.