Archimedic has an immediate need for a Sales Manager in our Waltham, MA office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring a continuous flow of qualified prospects into Archimedic.
Archimedic is a contract medical device development firm with offices in the Philadelphia and Boston areas. We work with technology-driven companies to engineer and build electro-mechanical products for medical and consumer wellness applications. Our projects range from IoT wearables to surgical devices to life support systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team, passionate clients, and technically challenging projects. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prospecting – The primary and most critical function of the sales manager is to cultivate new leads within Archimedic’s target market, which will define Archimedic’s future sales pipeline. Prospecting will be focused on defining key accounts and focusing efforts on networking, direct outreach, and referral strategies to engage the right contacts within the key accounts. The objective of prospecting is not to sell - it is to schedule meetings to evaluate fit for servicing prospect needs.
- Qualification – Qualification is a bi-directional process for prospects to qualify Archimedic and for Archimedic to qualify prospects. During this qualification stage, the sales manager’s role is primarily to ask questions to understand client problems and to determine whether Archimedic is the appropriate fit for servicing prospect needs. Furthermore, the sales manager must be capable of providing a brief overview of Archimedic and examples of how we have helped similar companies overcome challenges relevant to prospect.
- Driving Sales Process – For qualified prospects, the sales manager is responsible for driving the downstream sales process. This will entail scheduling meetings, engaging Archimedic technical experts, and continuously advancing (or disqualifying) opportunities to the next stage. The sales manager must be able capable of following and driving Archimedic’s defined sales process, avoiding deviations wherever possible.
- Sales Documentation – The sales manager is responsible for maintaining lists of Target Market companies and key contacts. The sales manager is also responsible for maintaining a scorecard to track sales activity, such as prospect outreach, meetings, qualification calls, and other key activities. Lastly, the sales manager is responsible for routinely and punctually documenting prospect information and deal information into Archimedic’s Customer Relationship Manager (CRM).
Required Education, Experience and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.)
- 5+ Years of experience in a prospecting-based sales role
- Exceptional organization, administrative and time-management skills
40% travel is expected for this role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to move throughout office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery and tools. Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must tolerate exposure to chemicals found in the Archimedic laboratory environment.
- *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans and Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by The Senior Leadership Team on a case by case basis.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Archimedic is an equal opportunity employer who considers its team members the cornerstone of the Company’s success. Archimedic does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on their age, race, gender, religion, nationality or other protected characteristics.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested in any of our open positions or if you wish to be considered for future opportunities with Archimedic, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note the position of interest in the subject line.