Archimedic provides full-service medical device product development, from concept through commercialization to corporate and academic clients. We are a small group of hands-on engineers who work with our clients on complex design ideas, turning them into viable devices. We are 100% focused on the medical device and MedTech industries, combining a passion for engineering with solid expertise to
offer practical solutions in a wide range of clinical subspecialties. Our projects range from telemedicine and diagnostic platforms to wearables, drug delivery devices, and surgical systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team.
Archimedic, Waltham, MA has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Engineer role to work on all aspects and phases of medical device development as part of a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment. This role reports to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a development team
- Focus on delivering quality work product on-time
- Enjoy learning about different technologies and working on a variety of projects, including novel, first-to-market medical devices
- Generate schematics from requirements and/or specifications, and convert schematics to PCB layout
- Work with embedded systems, FPGAs, microprocessors, etc.
- Test and debug electronics using all necessary test equipment
- Work with other team members from other disciplines
- Translate client needs into design specifications and requirements
- Present progress, updates, and information to clients
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development from Concept, through Design and Development, and Verification.
- Coordinate activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet
- Communicate progress, status, and potential issues to team
Required Education, Experience and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience designing electronics within the medical device industry
- PCB schematic and layout experience using Altium or similar software tools
- Experience with electronics test and debug
- Embedded systems experience including programing FPGAs and microprocessors
- Experience working in a fast-moving, small company environment
- Experience in designing to meet IEC 60601-1, IEC 62304 and other applicable standards. Direct experience with testing, evaluation, and verification to standards is highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to be hands-on with engineering tasks
- Work in partnership with others to meet and exceed client expectations
- Interpret clients’ needs and take appropriate action
- Assure that all verbal and written communications are concise, technically accurate, timely, and professional
- Demonstrate strong listening, communication, and negotiation skills with a positive, professional, and diplomatic demeanor
- Respond positively to changing priorities and remain flexible and resilient during stressful situations
- Adopt new techniques and procedures quickly and employ them into daily job functions
Occasional overnight travel will be required to service client meetings, supplier meetings, and cross-office work
*Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
*Must be able to move throughout office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery and tools. Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must tolerate exposure to chemicals found in the Archimedic laboratory environment.
- *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans and Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by The Senior Leadership Team on a case by case basis.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Archimedic is an equal opportunity employer who considers its team members the cornerstone of the Company’s success. Archimedic does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on their age, race, gender, religion, nationality or other protected characteristics.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested in any of our open positions or if you wish to be considered for future opportunities with Archimedic, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position of interest in the subject line.