Company Overview: Archimedic is a contract medical device development firm with offices in the Philadelphia and Boston areas. We work with technology-driven companies to engineer and build electro-mechanical products for medical and consumer wellness applications. Our projects range from IoT wearables to surgical devices to life support systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team, passionate clients, and technically challenging projects.
General Summary: The Senior Mechanical Engineer works with the client and a cross-functional team to develop new medical and consumer wellness products. The engineer takes an active role in design and development tasks including, but not limited to, project leadership, developing product requirements, new concept generation, CAD modeling, prototype development, quality management, and testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leadership – Lead, organize, and manage projects or aspects of projects of significant scope. Assist and mentor more junior engineers.
- Creative Problem Solving – Explore, understand, and distill a problem down to its essential elements; conceive of, evaluate, and refine appropriate conceptual solutions.
- Design – Develop new designs from initial concept to market release using appropriate CAD and analytical tools and through investigation of available products, processes, and materials.
- Prototyping – Iteratively demonstrate design functionality (or functionality gaps) by building and testing prototypes in a manner appropriate to the stage of development.
- Communication - Communicate with clients as well as internal team members, contractors, and suppliers, maintaining good relations and a clear, common understanding of project status, responsibilities, and issues.
- Documentation – Create and maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Project Planning – Prepare project plans that specify project phases, tasks, task interdependencies, durations, resource assignments, and costs.
- Quality Management – Create plans, procedures, and protocols, perform risk analyses, and manage DHFs and DMRs for products under development.
Required Education, Experience and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-15 years of proven experience and a track record of creating new products in a medical device development organization.
- Expertise with CAD modeling and analysis software, Solidworks experience preferred.
- Experience designing products and building prototypes utilizing a wide range of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of the medical product development process in an FDA regulated environment.
- Experience and ability to plan and manage major projects from inception to completion.
- Strong background with regulatory compliance requirements relating to device design controls, and risk management.
- Work in partnership with others to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Follow through on client inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Interpret client needs and take appropriate action.
- Assure that all verbal and written communications are concise, technically accurate, timely, and professional.
- Demonstrate strong listening, communication, and negotiation skills with a positive, professional, and diplomatic demeanor.
- Respond positively to changing priorities and remain flexible and resilient during stressful situations.
- Adopt new techniques and procedures quickly and incorporate them into daily job functions.
Archimedic offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Occasional overnight travel will be required for client meetings, supplier meetings, and cross-office work.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to move throughout the office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery and tools. Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to use the stairs to move between office floors (no elevator available).
- *External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans and Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by The Senior Leadership Team on a case by case basis.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Archimedic is an equal opportunity employer who considers its team members the cornerstone of the Company’s success. Archimedic does not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on their age, race, gender, religion, nationality or other protected characteristics.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested in any of our open positions or if you wish to be considered for future opportunities with Archimedic, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note the position of interest in the subject line.